Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Stuffed Pheasant

I'm not sure what came over me, but this stuffed pheasant project just called my name.  It's another animal in the wonderful Faux Taxidermy Knitting book that I used to make the mole door stop.  (Mole Doorstop Post)  This project was a lot of fun to make because there's really no wrong way to make a stuffed pheasant.  I used combinations of my stash Brown Sheep yarn to get the bulky weight I needed and to get the heathered look for the body and wings.  This bird was knit up on size 13 needles, so it went really fast.  The finishing work took a while.  My only criticism of the Faux Taxidermy Knits book is their finishing directions.  They are not very detailed.  I have a pretty good working knowledge of finishing knitting projects, which came in very handy here because I had to ad-lib much of the final details.  Now that it's done, I don't know what to do with it.  Maybe I'll bring it into work so the mole can have a companion.

Close up of the head.  I used buttons for the eyes.

The tail feathers add a lot to the finished look of the Pheasant

I decided to make the wings two-toned.




1 comment: