Sunday, January 4, 2015

Mole Door Stop

Knitted Mole Door Stop
Here's the latest addition to my "Mole Art" collection.  This mole door stop was inspired by the book "Faux Taxidermy Knits" by Louise Walker.  I'm starting the mole unit in my classes tomorrow, so I'm very excited to have a new mole for inspiration!
I love to make knitted stuffed animals.  I have made turtles, fish, elephants, cats, and bears.  My biggest stuffed animal project was a knitted dragon.  This is my first mole and my first door stop project.

Stash yarns I used to make the mole door stop
I used yarns from my stash, including Lambs Pride bulky and worsted weights and some yarn I bought at Stitches East nearly 20 years ago!  I knew I would find a use for that left over ball of yarn.  The base is filled with small gravel in a cut off leg of a pair of tights.  Unfortunately, my classroom door it too heavy and too forceful to stay open with my new door stop.  I think I'll place him on my demo table in the front of the classroom for now.  After the novelty wears off, I'll sew a mouse pad on the bottom so it will function as a door stop.

This book is a must read for any knitter.





No comments:

Post a Comment