Thursday, February 12, 2015

Janet's New Hat

Janet sporting her new hat.
I made this fun hat for my friend Janet.  I promised to make her a hat last winter.  Sometimes you can't put a time frame on knitting projects.  I bought the hat kit from my friend Rhonda.  She sells her kits and yarn at the Wilson Collective Wilson Collective FB Page .  The pattern is called "Family of Stripey Hats" by Churchmouse Yarns & Teas.  

The hat kit had exactly the right amount of yarn for the hat.  I used every inch of the yarn!  It was a very fun project to knit with the soft hand-dyed wool.  The blue yarn was dyed with indigo.  I knit the hat on size 7 double point needles, even though my gauge was a tiny bit off.  I wanted the green to be the main color by Janet's face because she really likes teal.  Rhonda suggested putting the slate colored stripe between the wide bands of blue and green to help make the colors pop.  She was so right about the effect.  For the pom pom I used all the rest of the yarn to make a combination pom pom of all three colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment